Upper GI endoscopy and colonoscopy simultaneously?

Yes sometimes needed. it can be done at the same time (different scopes!). by performing both, you get anesthesia only once but get two procedures done, minimizing risks of future anesthesias. This is only done if both are medically needed (regardless of physician reimbursement), no need to do them always together.
Possible. Yes both can be done at the same time if medically indicated.
Can be done. Usually done as a convenience to the patient but in reality, the performing endoscopist gets paid less when he/she orders this.