Shoulder replacement at 80, is that okay?

Well... Obviously you have to weigh the risks/benefits/alternatives, and that is a very individual decision. In any case, here is a great article, i hope you can download: http://www.Ncbi.Nlm.Nih.Gov/pubmed/20595116.
Shoulder replacement. as long an elderly patient is medically optimized for surgery and "cleared" by their physicians (primary care and/or cardiologist or other important physicians managing their medical problems), then yes shoulder replacement surgery is ok despite advanced chronologic age such as 80 years.