Is neosporin ointment good for open wounds from breast reduction surgery?

Yes. Antibiotic ointment is good on small open wound best to use what your surgeon proscribed.
Small uncomplicated. Neosporin, bacitracin, polysporin (bacitracin and polymyxin) are all fine for small, superficial, uncomplicated skin wounds. While this is often used for open wounds along a suture line, the fact that you have had surgery makes the answer more complicated. Best to check with your surgeon for a more informed recommendation.
Wound management. Open wounds after a flap type plastic surgical procedure can be due to tension in closure, poor vascularity of tissues, hematoma putting tension on flap, nicotene effect from smoking or even passive smoke. Best to see your surgeon for appropriate care. If other issues addressed, patient is not allergic to sulfa and for a significant sized wound, my preference is silvadene (silver sulfadiazine) cream dressings.
Possibly but… Patient should always check with their own surgeons before using any type of medication. There surgeons will know their situation, allergy history, and are ultimately responsible for their care. Best wishes.