What asthma medicine can I take without heart rate side effects?

Controllers. Controller medications in general do not make the heart rate increase as much as bronchodilators like albuterol, pirbuterol, salmeterol and formoterol. Inhaled steroids only make the heart rate increase rarely. Singulair (montelukast) and its cousins, Accolate and zyflo also do not tend to have this side effect. Mast cell stabilitzers like intal, tilade, don't either, but no longer available, sadly.
Possibilities... There are inhalers that are less likely to cause your heart rate to increase, most inhalers to treat asthma do have this side-effect. See your doctor so you can try an inhaler that causes this side-effect less often.