What are some treatments or antibiotics for a bad ear infection?

A few. Here are some antibiotics that can help with ear infections in a child- amoxicillin, amoxicillin-clavulanate, Cefdinir etc. If it is a persistant ear infection that is not responding there are other antibiotic combinations that your doctor can recommend based on your history and past antibiotic use. Also make sure that other complications associated w ear infections are also diagnosed and treated.
Outer or middle ear. It depends on if this is an outer ear infection (swimmer's ear) or a middle ear infection (otitis media). An outer ear infection is usually treated with topical drops. A middle ear infection would require some oral antibiotics.