Meaning of subserous fibroid?

Subserous fibroid. Fibroids are benign tumors of the uterus. Subserosal fibroids are on the outside covering of the uterus.
Fibroid location . Subserosal uterine fibroids are by definition on the outer surface of the uterus & grow outwards. These fibroids can be connected to the uterus via a long stalk & called pedunculated subserosal fibroids. Usually they do not affect woman's menstrual bleeding, but can cause pelvic pain, back pain & generalized pressure when they become large. In the illustration attached- "a" is a Subserosal fibroid.