Waking up with extreme vertigo. Could it be I slept with my head in a bad position?

Dr. David Astrachan
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Not likely

If you woke up with vertigo, and it continues, it is most likely a viral illness.
Viral labrynthitis is treated with high-dose steroids. You should try to contact an ear nose and throat doctor for an evaluation within two or three days. Medications like anti-vert can help with the symptoms but steroids can make the problem much better and go away faster with less permanent damage. If your vertigo occurs only when you turn from side to side and lasts just seconds then it is a different problem.

In brief: Not likely

Dr. David Astrachan
Dr. David Astrachan