How will I know if my baby or child has rickets from vitamin d deficiency?

Rickets. I will presume that you are feeding your child a normal diet for age and that you are seeing your pediatrician or family practice physician on a regular basis. Rickets will be part of a constellation of signs and symptoms that will determined clinically. This type of nutritional deficiency is relatively rare in america at this time.
Many syptoms. You may notice swelling of the ends of the long bones especially the wrists, knees and ankles. The baby may be cranky due to bone tenderness and he/she will not grow taller.