How long do you have to wear your chin strap after a face and neck lift?

Dr. Rene Perez
Cosmetic Surgery

In brief: If tumescent

anesthesia is used as opposed to a facelift where it isn't used, then the strap needs to be used for about a week.

In brief: If tumescent

Dr. Rene Perez
Dr. Rene Perez
Dr. Larry Nichter
Cosmetic Surgery

In brief: Neck Chin Strap

Except when liposuction is done I do not require a chin strap to be used following my lower facelift or necklift surgeries.
Your surgeon will recommend what is best for your particular situation based on their former experience.

In brief: Neck Chin Strap

Dr. Larry Nichter
Dr. Larry Nichter
Dr. Allison Holzapfel
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: 1-2 weeks

This recommendation varies based on your surgeon's preference.
Most recommend 1-2 weeks. Be sure to check with your facial plastic surgeon for their recommendations.

In brief: 1-2 weeks

Dr. Allison Holzapfel
Dr. Allison Holzapfel
Dr. Henry Mentz
Cosmetic Surgery

In brief: Neck lift

Typically, stitching is removed in about a week, and most bruising fades in two weeks.
Most patients can return to work in one week and resume exercise in about 4-6 weeks, depending on the doctor's recommendations. I recommend wearing the chin strap for about 2 weeks following surgery.

In brief: Neck lift

Dr. Henry Mentz
Dr. Henry Mentz