How important is nutrition for preschoolers in preventing future disease?

Dr. Pamela Pappas

In brief: Very

Get them started right with healthy foods in childhood, and build healthy patterns for life.
How they see their parents and other influential family members eat, is another important factor.

In brief: Very

Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Pamela Pappas
2 comments
Dr. Joel Gallant
I agree. The biggest problem with kids who eat unhealthy diets is that they turn into adults with unhealthy diets. It drives me crazy to see adults eating their fish, salad, whole grains, and vegetables, while their kids eat hot dogs and macaroni and cheese.
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Thanks, Dr. Gallant -- the "Johnny will only eat hot dogs" argument. When kids get out in the garden with parents growing things -- and even get to help fix food in the kitchen, they often end up liking different (healthier) things to eat. My niece and nephews are testaments to this idea. They'll all soon be in college, though, and then we'll see how it goes! :-)