Why would I have swelling in both knees and elbow?

See a rheumatologist. There are numerous causes for an inflammatory arthritis. See a rheumatologist to determine the cause and to start appropriate treatment.
I'm concerned. Young woman with multiple joint swelling is always concerning for autoimmune disease such as lupus, rheumatoid arthritis and other syndromes. The real concern is that they may be organ damage occurring such as to the liver, kidneys, blood vessels. I would immediately see your general practitioner, family doctor. He will start with ordering a spectrum of laboratory tests.