Questions regarding generalized anxiety disorder and cognitive behavioral therapy. How helpful is it?

Can Be Helpful. Cognitive behavioral therapy has been shown to be helpful for a variety of anxiety disorders. You may also find that you get even better benefit using a combination of medication and therapy, at least until the anxiety is under better control.
Very helpful. It is important to find a psychologist that provides a structured cognitive behavioral therapy program because some providers just end up chit chatting with you instead of providing the same structured cbt program that the reseach has found to be very helpful.