Would eosinophils be elevated with carbon monoxide exposure?

No. Eosinophils are part of the immune system that react in allergy situations. They are typically elevated when there are drug reactions or parasite infections. The lab finding that is seen in carbon monoxide exposure is elevated carboxyhemoglobin.

Related Questions

Can you still have headaches and weakness after four days from exposure Of carbon monoxide poisoning

Exposed to what? You forgot to see what you were exposed to! Please ask again, and clarify. There is a 150 character limit, so be brief but thorough. Read more...

I just asked about carbon monoxide exposure, and want to know if inhaling pure oxygen or eating certain foods can rebuild my body's strength.?

Not really. Carbon monoxide irreversibly binds to hemoglobin, and essentially keeps it from doing its job for the lifespan of the red blood cell (about 100 days). You have to wait for your bone marrow to replace it. Eating plenty of fresh veggies will help, as well as multivitamins. However, this is why doctors harp on quitting smoking, since co is in smoke. Read more...
Hyperbaric oxygen. Acute carbon monoxide (co) poisening can be treated with hyperbaric oxygen, 100% oxygen at 2-3x atmospheric pressure can displace co that would otherwise be irreversably bound to the hemaglobin. This is probably enhanced by disolving much more oxygen in the bloodstream itself than normal. This would not be helpful for minor chronic exposure like smoking. Read more...

What kind of testing is needed for chronic exposure to carbon monoxide and natural gas leaks? What kind of testing is needed for chronic exposure to carbon monoxide and natural gas leaks from gas furnace? Or what type of doctor to see? Chronic exposure

The . The best way to find thorough testing in your area is to contact your local poison center. They will be able to direct you to a toxicologist who can guide you in the right direction. Read more...
Carbon . Carbon monoxide poisoning -- whether acute or chronic -- is determined by measuring your carboxyhemoglobin levels. In cases of overexposure, your carboxyhemoglobin level will be elevated, but it will only remain high as long as you continue to be exposed to carbon monoxide. It is very difficult to document carbon monoxide poisoning (or exposure to natural gas leaks) two years after exposure ceased. There have been scattered reports of chronic, low-level carbon monoxide exposure leading to permanent memory loss, tremors, or learning disorders, but it isn't clear if such exposures cause permanent neurologic damage in all people. If you are having persistent symptoms you believe are related to carbon monoxide exposure between 1999 and 2009, a neurologist might be able to sort things out. Sometimes a brain MRI reveals characteristic changes in people who have experienced chronic carbon monoxide exposure. I hope that helps! Read more...