My doc gets on me every year about workingout but he looks worse than I do at same age. Is he credible?

Dr. Peter Kurzweil

In brief: Perhaps,but....

My father-in-law, a gp for 50 years, was in reasonably good shape , but never exercised.
When his patients asked him @ exercise, he would half-jokingly say, "when you think about it, sit down till the urge passes". Sadly he died of heart disease. Doc's credibility relates to whether it results in ur exercising. Either way, he's correct: exercise 30 min/4 days weekly. Will likely outlive ur doc.

In brief: Perhaps,but....

Dr. Peter Kurzweil
Dr. Peter Kurzweil
Dr. Ankush Bansal

In brief: ?

Why are you worried about your doctor and following his own recommendations? You should be worried about yourself.
If he recommends exercise, then you choose for yourself whether you will listen to the advice or not. Saying i'm not doing it because my doctor doesn't do it won't help you when you're dead before your time. If you want a 2nd opinion, then go ahead and get it. It's your body & life.

In brief: ?

Dr. Ankush Bansal
Dr. Ankush Bansal
Dr. Martin Raff
Great answer. Although "Physician heal thyself" is a good motto, taking his or her advice is better.
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine