Will augmentin (amoxicillin and clavulanate) treat an ear infection or swimmers ear?

which ? It will treat a middle ear infection but will do little if anything for swimmers ear. Swimmers ear requires a topical drop that can reach the inflamed surfaces.If the swimmers ear has worsened to include a skin cellulitis around the ear, Augmentin (amoxicillin and clavulanate) may treat this secondary problem.
Both. Both although it is better for the "regular" ear infection meaning a middle ear infection. I usually use ear drops that cover pseudomonas when treating swimmers ear (infection of the ear canal)