Does missing a period while on the pill mean I am pregnant?

Not necessarily. One of the benefits of the pill is that it causes the uterine lining to thin, leading to lighter periods. Some women may stop having periods on the pill (although this is rare). If someone on the pill misses a period, she should have a pregnancy test done to be sure.
No. Although it's something you want to check (urine preg test), it's more common to have light or absent menstrual cycles while stable on ocps. This is one of the advantages of birth control pills & we often use it for women who suffer from heavy or painful cycles. Continue your pills as instructed & check with your doc if you have any concerns.