Doctor insights on:
Zoloft Effects On Fetus
Been taking Zoloft 50mg once a day for a week now. Not seeing any effects, how long until this medication starts weeking.
Yes: Can take 2 weeks to 2 months but some see effects earlier and a few later. ...Read more
Zoloft: Sertraline is a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor type of antidepressant, used to treat depression & anxiety disorders. Some adverse effects include nausea, headaches, irritability & occasionally weight changes. It is advised to be taken with food. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Related to a question I asked earlier about when to take zoloft. Do the side effects go away after the body gets used to the dosage and time change.
What symptoms?: I usually tell patients to start 25 mgs with food at dinner. This accomplishes several things. It usually diminishes the effect of sedation, nausea and fatigue that can often occur when you start an ssri. Increase the dose every 5 to 7 days by 25 mgs. Until i see a therapeutic effect. At 100 mgs. I wait another two to four weeks so that treatment "catches up" to onside effects. Talk to yourdoc! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Would side effects be present with increasing Zoloft dosage of 25 to 50mg? Although no bad side effects when taking 25mg, but many with 50mg.
Maybe: In my practice, i start most adults on zoloft at 50 mgs daily, and they do well. I then have them increase the dose to 100 - 200 mgs gradually, so they can be at a therapeutic dose. If you are having side effects now, see your physician and discuss all of your medications, over the counter medicines, and concerns. It may be that your side effects are due to medication interactions. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the side effects of tetracycline on fetus?
- Are there any effects on fetus if you have had a yeast infection?
- What are the effects of heroin on a fetus in the first trimester?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- The effects of hyperglycemia on a fetus
- The effects of anesthesia on a fetus
- The effects of barbiturates on the fetus in pregnancy
- The effects of progesterone on the fetus
- Talk to a perinatologist online for free