Doctor insights on:
I've been at the beach for the last couple of days, wearing sunscreen with only zinc and titanium active ingredients, but my skin now itches. Why?
Inflammation: Hi. These sorts of skin reactions can happen with any sort of inflammatory process. You could simply be dried out from the beautiful sun and cool breezes. (I'm jealous). Or you might actually be sensitive to the topical agents that you've used (even though you may think that you shouldn't be). Everybody is different in this regard. Use some sort of hypoallergenic cream and hydrate with H20! ...Read more
Which sunscreens on the market in the US offer the best UVA/UVB protection and do you recommend physical (zinc oxide) vs. chemical sun filters?
Which sunscreen: Zinc oxiide best and with least allergic potential. Most SPF blocks have titanium oxide which is easier to incorporate and less expensive, but there is still a 4% allergy rate to the later. Zinc can give a light palor to the skin but try Shisedo. The zinc block is the best but can be thick in some foundations and makeup. Use the sun wisely 11 am to 2 pm . Get your vitamin D early in the da.y ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Sunscreen without zinc oxide
- Zinc sunscreen for rosacea
- Homemade sunscreen zinc oxide
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Zinc oxide sunscreen side effects
- Titanium dioxide vs zinc oxide in sunscreen
- How much zinc oxide should be in sunscreen?
- Talk to a dermatologist online