Doctor insights on:
If you have: Thoughts about killing yourself, get seen at the nearest emergency room now. Have a friend or relative drive you or call 911 for emergency services for transport. You can call the National suicide hotlines 24/7 at 1-800-suicide (1-800-784-2433) or 1-800-273 – talk (1-800-273-8255) for support. Call 1-800-222-1222 24 hours per day, 7 days per week to reach any poison control center in the United
Agent and Location: Depending on the agent used and the amount consumed to overdose, you might be fine, you might suffer great injury, or you might die. If the overdose is witnessed by or reported to a physician, a therapist, any health care worker, or a police officer, they are mandated by law to place you in a locked psychiatric facility for at least 72 hours of observation. We have a duty to protect you.See 1 more doctor answer
Fast heart rate: Inhalers are for patients with asthma or hyper-reactive lung disease. The inhaler helps dilate their airways making breathing easier. Side effects include fast heart rate or tachycardia, myocardial ischemia in patients with heart disease, among other things. Inhalers should be used under the guidance of a health care professional.
It may be- depending: On what drug/ medication was used for the over-dose. Or a person could fail at a suicide attempt and live with permanent medical problems. Are you having thoughts about killing yourself.? If yes, please have a friend or relative drive you to the er now. The national suicide hotline is available to you 24 /7: 24/7 at 1-800-suicide (1-800-784-2433) or 1-800-273 – talk (1-800-273-8255). Help = hope.
That depends on how: High the overdose was. A melatonin overdose could lead to symptoms like marked sedation, headache, nausea, vomiting, upset stomach, low blood pressure, dizziness, confusion, disorientation, tremor, liver problems, weakness & seizures. If you are having strong thoughts of self-harm, please have someone take you to the er or call 911 for transport.See 1 more doctor answer
You'd know.: If you are functioning pretty well without new or bothersome complaints there is no reason to suspect "overdose". Getting the optimal dose is the goal. When that happens you should have more self-control, improved performance, better social interactions. Neg effects may include "rebound", low appetite, sleep problems. But don't accept these. Instead, talk to dr & get a dose that fits you better.
Overdose: If you are having thoughts about killing yourself, get seen at the nearest emergency room now. Have a friend or relative drive you or call 911 for emergency services for transport. You can call the National suicide hotlines 24/7 at 1-800-suicide (1-800-784-2433) or 1-800-273 – talk (1-800-273-8255) for support.
Not "overdose": First, Lorazepam needs to be prescribed by your physician, who will determine an appropriate dose for you. Second, a 2 mg dose may make someone who's not used to benzodiazepines sleepy or sedated. Depending on the use your physician intends, this may be exactly the result you want. Check with your doctor on this.See 1 more doctor answer
How do you feel?: I certainly hope you just took a bit more than what is recommended and not intentional od. Anyhow, entex has 2 meds in it and phenylnephrine has half-life of about 3 hours (time it takes for 1/2 to disappear from your body). Usually there is much left after 5-6 half-lives. If you have bad symptoms, please consult doc. Becareful using any med; some can have devastating consequences. Good luck.
They could become: Very ill. If you or someone you know has thoughts about suicide, get seen at the nearest emergency room now. Have a friend or relative drive you or the involved person or call 911 for emergency services for transport. You can call the National suicide hotlines 24/7 at 1-800-suicide (1-800-784-2433) or 1-800-273 – talk (1-800-273-8255) for support.
Slow pulse: Their pulse can become dangerously low.Get a more detailed answer ›
Liver failure: Initially the symptoms of overdose are nonspecific (nausea, vomiting, abdominal discomfort, etc) but paracetamol (also called acetaminophen) overdose can lead to the most worrisome effect - acute liver failure. An antidote is available but must be administered in a timely fashion. If untreated, liver failure due to paracetamol overdose can ultimately lead to death.
Depends: If the entire dose is taken at one time or over a short period of time. This dose is equivalent to about 3 times the maximum recommended daily dose. Call the poison control center 18002221222 or go to your ER for further evaluation,
Probably nothing: What do you mean by overdosing. Did you take an extra pill or swallow the bottle? Generally if you stop taking it your body will clear it and you should be fine.