Doctor insights on:
Yoga After Giving Birth
Ask attending OB : The best person to ask what occurred in labor and what challenges a woman faces after delivery is the OB who was the senior doctor on the case. It's always appropriate for a patient to ask him/her to come talk to her even if not her usual doctor. Information about what transpired, eg, bleeding, can be gained and put in perspective plus advice about exercise and nutrition, precautions can be given. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Depends on type: If you had a c-section, resume formal exercise around 6-8 weeks. If you had a natural birth (and assuming there were no pregnancy/childbirth-related issues) you may resume exercise activities within days to weeks from when you gave birth. Regardless of birth mode, i would recommend gradually working back toward the level of activity you were at pre-pregnancy and checking with your OB first. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Weight: It depends on how much weight one gains during pregnancy. In the first two - four weeks a woman loses 8-20 pounds (as the uterus contracts and body looses extra fluid). Breast feeding helps to lose weight quicker. Vigorous exercise should not be started for the first 6 weeks. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Soon: Most patients take 6 weeks of maternity leave. After an uncomplicated vaginal delivery patients may go back much sooner. Many need to for financial reasons. While physically it is fine, taking time off to bond and spend time with your new baby is very important. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Smelly discharge after giving birth
- Whats a setback after giving birth
- After giving birth is it normal to bleed when pooping
- Brown discharge 11 weeks after giving birth
- Can you get pregnant 3 weeks after giving birth?
- Bleeding for 3 months after giving birth
- How long will i have a discharge after giving birth?
- Lump in armpit after giving birth
- Talk to a obstetrician and gynecologist online for free