Doctor insights on:
Yellow Fever In 1793
Not in the US but: it has already achieved that level in West Africa. The total # of death in Guinea, Sierra Leone & Liberia is 4,912 with 10 additional deaths worldwide. Between 1 AUG to 9 NOV 1793 there were approximately 5,000 official register of deaths in Philadelphia (many were due Yellow Fever). The available health care in W.Africa is sub-par which is why helping is streaming in from across the globe. > ...Read more
Yellow Fever: has an incubation period of 3 to 6 days. Sx's of acute phase can include: fever, nausea, vomiting, headache,light sensitivity, muscle pain (back & knees), anorexia, dizziness & shivering. These sxs usually resolve after 3 to 4 days in 85% of patients. However 15% may have remission of sx's followed by return of high fever with abdominal pain, bloody emesis / stool, jaundice, slow heart rate, as > ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Serum test / doctor: You can have serum tested for yf, but the history and physical ought to be the first test. Your doctor should do this. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How much money would ngo worker spend on preventing yellow fever in 2012?
- Yellow fever vaccination in scb medical cuttack
- What may cause yellow diarrhea and yellow bile in vomiting?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Yellow spots in back of throat
- What causes bright yellow diarrhea in adults?
- Yellow lumps in back of throat
- What does it mean when you have yellow in the white of your eye?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free