Doctor insights on:
Yeast Infection Of The Vagina
Infections are invasions of some other organism (fungus, bacteria, parasite) or viruses into places where they do not belong. For instance, we have normal gut bacteria that live within us without causing problems; however, when those penetrate the bowel wall and enter the bloodstream, ...Read more
Most likely not: The most common presentation of yeast infection of the vagina , is itching , curd like discharge adherent to the virginal wall. Yeast infection of the vagina is very common and is usually mild nuisance . If there is swelling of the vaginal wall , i suspect something else is going on . I suggest to see your pcp / obgyn. Good luck. ...Read more
Yes it can: But if symptoms return, call your doctor. ...Read more
Yeast Treatment: Vaginal creams are typically placed inside the vagina with an applicator to kill off the yeast that cause yeast infections. Vaginal creams, sometimes called "antifungal creams, " usually come packaged with an applicator that helps you measure the right dose. Common examples: gyne-lotrimin or Mycelex (clotrimazole) gynezol or femstat (butoconazole) monistat (miconazole nitrate) vagistat-1. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the symptoms of having yeast growth in vagina before a real infection?
- Bacterial infection of the vagina
- Bacterial vaginosis (bacterial infection of the vagina)
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- History of bacterial infection of the vagina
- What changes the ph levels in my vagina that can cause yeast infection?
- Bacterial infection of the vagina bacterial vaginosis vaginal diseases
- Can a yeast infection affect the color of the blood of my period?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free