Doctor insights on:
Yeast Infection Cure Time
Infections are invasions of some other organism (fungus, bacteria, parasite) or viruses into places where they do not belong. For instance, we have normal gut bacteria that live within us without causing problems; however, when those penetrate the bowel wall and enter the bloodstream, ...Read more
I know I have a yeast infection from past experience. I've also had BV at the same time. I have a refill for the bv. Should i cure the yeast infection?
Is it possible to have a yeast infection and an uti at the same time and it be cured by the same antibiotic?
Different treatments: Women can have urinary tract infection and vaginal yeast infections at the same time. However, there is overlap in symptoms, so you might have one or the other, not both. UTI and yeast respond to entirely different kinds of antibiotics. Neither one will treat the other. See your doctor to sort this out. Good luck. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
For what length of time do I need to wait before having sex after taking diflucan to cure yeast infection?
Sxs resolved: Hold off on having vaginal intercourse until your course of treatment is complete and you no longer have redness, itching or burning of vulva. ...Read more
Yeast infection: If it’s your 1st possible yeast infection or you aren’t sure if it’s yeast – see your dr. Some tx options include vaginal cream, ointment or suppository for sev. Days (7 to 14 days sometimes). Otc meds include monistat (miconzole), vagistat-1 (tioconazole), femstat (buoconazole), Gyne-Lotrimin or mycelex( clotrimazole). Otc meds don’t work ? See your dr. S/he may order Diflucan (oral antifungal). ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Following cure for a yeast infection when can you have sex again
- Does baking soda help cure a yeast infection?
- How long does diflucan take to cure a yeast infection?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can ciprofloxacin cure yeast infection?
- How long does it take to cure a yeast infection?
- Does lotrimin cure yeast infection?
- Will lotrimin cure a yeast infection
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free