Doctor insights on:
Yeast Infection Affecting Pregnancy Test
If you're pregnant or planning to get pregnant, there are many things you can do to give your baby a healthy start: Regular prenatal visits along with laboratory testing, ultrasounds, prenatal vitamins and immunizations (like the flu shot and whopping cough booster). Now's the time to eat healthy, stay hydrated, and ...Read more
Shouldn't: Neither should affect the protein the pregnancy tests are detecting. Also, the information packet with my in-house pregnancy tests does not list either as affecting the accuracy or sensitivity. Whatever the case, we always follow up with a blood sample sent to the laboratory to confirm. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No: It will not cause false positive or false negative test result. ...Read more
I took a cheap pregnancy test first thing in the morning and got a very faint second line (i took povacare medication for a yeast infection). I tested 2 first response pregnancy tests about 30 minutes after and both were negative. Am i pregnant?
Is it safe to take diflucan while trying to conceive? I have a yeast infection but it is too early to take a pregnancy test.
Diflucan: Is really safe but it does have liver toxicity for some and pregnancy needs to be as drug free as possible. Yeast feeds on sugar so if you get rid of that you might "starve it out. A course of Nystatin would be O.K. Because it is not absorbed from the bowel and that is the headquarters of the infection. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Infections are invasions of some other organism (fungus, bacteria, parasite) or viruses into places where they do not belong. For instance, we have normal gut bacteria that live within us without causing problems; however, when those penetrate the bowel wall and enter the bloodstream, ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can yeast infection and urine infection affect the pregnancy test results?
- Yeast infection late period negative pregnancy test
- Can yeast infection cream interfere with pregnancy test?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome affecting pregnancy test results
- Untreated yeast infection during pregnancy
- Monistat yeast infection test
- Can my abnormal pap test be the result of an untreated yeast infection or uti?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free