Doctor insights on:
Lowers cholesterol: Red yeast rice is natural "statin" that lowers cholesterol. It can be an effective treatment for those with mildly elevated cholesterol. Typically higher levels of cholesterol will require a prescription drug to achieve optimal control. Of course diet is very important in all cases. A low fat diet is key to lowering cholesterol. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Various reasons: The most common reason people get oral candidiasis or thrush is taking antibiotics which kill off the bacteria that compete with the yeast and thus overgrowth occurs. Thrush also occurs in some women who take birth control pills, in immunosupressed cancer patients on chemotherapy and in aids patients. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Saccharomyces fermentation
- Lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product
- Sauerkraut fermentation process
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Lactic acid fermentation in swimming
- Uses of lactic acid fermentation
- How do alcohol fermentation and lactic acid fermentation differ?
- How are lactic acid and alcoholic fermentation similar?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online