Doctor insights on:
Lowers cholesterol: Red yeast rice is natural "statin" that lowers cholesterol. It can be an effective treatment for those with mildly elevated cholesterol. Typically higher levels of cholesterol will require a prescription drug to achieve optimal control. Of course diet is very important in all cases. A low fat diet is key to lowering cholesterol. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Various reasons: The most common reason people get oral candidiasis or thrush is taking antibiotics which kill off the bacteria that compete with the yeast and thus overgrowth occurs. Thrush also occurs in some women who take birth control pills, in immunosupressed cancer patients on chemotherapy and in aids patients. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Remedies: Natural approaches to yeast infections: 1. Wear underwear that is cotton vice synthetic 2. Avoid wearing underpants when you go to bed at night. 3. Don’t wear tight fitting panties & pantyhose. 4. Use natural tampon/ feminine pads (avoid those which are scented). 5. Avoid douches as well as use of harsh, drying soap on genitalia. 6. Rinse genitalia very well after soaping up. >>. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor online
- Probiotics fermentation
- Lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product
- Sauerkraut fermentation process
- Advantages and disadvantages of fermentation food
- Lactic acid fermentation in swimming
- Uses of lactic acid fermentation
- How do alcohol fermentation and lactic acid fermentation differ?
- How are lactic acid and alcoholic fermentation similar?
- Saccharomyces fermentation