Doctor insights on:
Yeast Diaper Rash Redness Scales On Face
My 9 month old had a yeast diaper rash. She also woke up with 2 red bumps by her eye. And now there is about 6 more bumps on her face.What is this?
Most bumps and blotches on a newborn baby are harmless and clear up by themselves. By far the most common skin problem in infants is diaper rash. Diaper rash is an irritation of the skin caused by dampness, urine, or feces. Most babies who wear diapers will have some type of diaper rash. However, there are other skin disorders that can cause rashes. These are usually not serious unless ...Read more
How common are yeast diaper rash? Ped said that the slight redness around baby annus with pimples could be yeast. He is on solids now and 9M old.
Common: Yeast are a normal component of everyone's poo by a week or so after birth.Diapers trap moisture in the area and the repeated exposure to the yeast in that environment makes a yeast rash common,especially if there is any other irritation from other components in the stool. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
See below: Air out the diaper area and let the sun shine in! you can also purchase and antifungal cream without prescription like lotrimin af (generic 1% clotrimazole) cream. Apply to the affected diaper area 2 times daily. The cream is the same one used for athlete's foot and jock itch. If the rash is not improving over the next week, have your doctor check to ascertain if yeast is truly the cause. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Diaper rash appears on the skin under a diaper. Diaper rash typically occurs in infants and children younger than 2 years, but the rash can also be seen in people who are incontinent or paralyzed. Identifying a diaper rash is usually fairly easy. The rash is located on skin underneath the diaper area. The skin is red and irritated. It may be over thebottom or genital area, or ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Diaper rash redness scales on face
- Redness or scales on face or diaper area
- Home remedies for redness or scales on face or diaper area
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the best treatment for redness or scales on face or diaper area?
- Is red rash in shape of ring a symptom of yeast diaper rash?
- Is red scaling rash a symptom of yeast diaper rash?
- Yeast diaper rash red rash in shape of flower petal
- Talk to a pediatrician online