Doctor insights on:
Yeast Diaper Rash Red Rash In Shape Of Flower Petal
My 9 month old had a yeast diaper rash. She also woke up with 2 red bumps by her eye. And now there is about 6 more bumps on her face.What is this?
Most bumps and blotches on a newborn baby are harmless and clear up by themselves. By far the most common skin problem in infants is diaper rash. Diaper rash is an irritation of the skin caused by dampness, urine, or feces. Most babies who wear diapers will have some type of diaper rash. However, there are other skin disorders that can cause rashes. These are usually not serious unless ...Read more
How can you tell the difference between a diaper rash and yeast diaper rash? How are they treated?
Diaper rash: Without seeing, it’s difficult to diagnose. If the diaper rash fails to respond to more frequent changes and use of ointments sold for this condition, then it is possibly due to yeast infection. Yeast diaper rash will respond to topical antifungals. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
See below: Air out the diaper area and let the sun shine in! you can also purchase and antifungal cream without prescription like lotrimin af (generic 1% clotrimazole) cream. Apply to the affected diaper area 2 times daily. The cream is the same one used for athlete's foot and jock itch. If the rash is not improving over the next week, have your doctor check to ascertain if yeast is truly the cause. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is red rash in shape of flower petal a symptom of yeast diaper rash?
- Ringworm red rash in shape of flower petal
- Is red rash in shape of flower petal a symptom of ringworm?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Eczema red rash in shape of ring
- How long does red rash in shape of ring associated with eczema last?
- How long does red rash in shape of ring associated with ringworm last?
- Ringworm red rash in shape of ring
- Talk to a pediatrician online