Doctor insights on:
X Rays While Breastfeeding Okay
Yes: This poses no health risks to the baby, but keep the volume low as the sound and lights may distract the baby from nursing well. Make sure you continue to pay attention to your baby, they will be giving you cues as to when they are done, if they are comfortable, etc. Nursing is a great time to bond with your baby so just make sure you don't tune out completely with the tv! ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Breastfeeding is providing nutrition to an infant using breat milk either directly by infant latching and sucking on the nipple or by feeding via bottle with expressed breast milk (when baby has difficulty suckling). Breast milk is the best milk for any baby but ...Read more
Basically ok: It has not been found any serious adverse effect in children who breastfed from women who take allegra (fexofenadine). It is a non sedating antihistaminic so should be ok. Studies have seen rare cases of mild irritability in babies but nothing serious. The only potential problem would be that in occasions it has been noticed to affect milk production. No evidence of anything serious so far. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Dental x rays safe while breastfeeding
- Dental x rays breastfeeding
- Is it okay to take hydrangea root while breastfeeding?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it okay to take a cinnamon supplement while breastfeeding?
- Can you take x rays while pregnant?
- Can you get dental x rays while pregnant?
- Can you get a chest x-ray while pregnant?
- Talk to a pediatrician online