Doctor insights on:
Would The Acids In Lemons Cause Increased Tooth Enamel Loss Used To Eat Them
No and yes: The use of bicarbonates to brush your teeth or to rinse your mouth are in fact good for your teeth enamel. Buffering acids that accumulate against the teeth reduces demineralization of enamel. On the other hand, the acids in lemon are weak acids that in prolonged use, as in sucking lemons frequently leads to demineralization of enamel. This is also seen in swirling coke and pepsi. ...Read more
I brushed my teeth once with al lemon jice for 30 sec i know it can harm enamel but can my enamel be affected from this single use .I'm vey worried?
No. You: Should be fine assuming you are in good dental health otherwise. Repeated usage will definitely cause severe problems. If you are experiencing sensitivity use a toothpaste like sensodyne pro enamel. Brush, spit out but don't rinse for at least 30 minutes. Make sure you are being seen by a dentist for regular check ups. Hope this helps. ...Read more
If you drink lemon water but brush your teeth or rinse your mouth after drinking it will enamel be ok or no?
No direct effect: Propranolol hcl is a beta blocker, which might cause dry mouth especially if combined with a diuretic. Dry mouth can increase the chance of tooth decay. You need to pay more attention to oral hygiene if you suffer from dry mouth and you can keep your mouth moist by sipping water frequently. ...Read more
No: Propanolol (inderal) is a hypertensive drug, prescribed to treat hypertension and thus help with the headache in migraine. As a betablocker, you may have expererience gingival overgrowth which may affect the oral hygiene effort. Shorten the recall appointment with your dentist to make sure your oral hygiene is maintained and you will not have any problem with your teeth. ...Read more
I read on the internet about acid erosion on teeth, and how dentist say it causes a sandblasted transcluscent look to teeth enamel.What does that mean?
Acid erosion: Acid erosion is caused by consuming acidic foods and drinks. The acids will remove the minerals in your teeth and cause them to be thinner, shorter, and weaker. Sometimes the teeth will be so, thin you can almost see thru them, this is called translucency. Be careful with your diet. See your dentist if you have concerns about acid erosion. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What would cause pain to shoot trough the carotid artery in the neck to the head?
- What causes high triglyceride levels in the blood what can i do to lower them?
- How to eat to reduce lactic acid build up in the muscles?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Would excess alcohol cause iron levels in the body to increase
- What is the best thing to eat when there is a lot of acid in the stomach?
- Ways to reduce acid production in the stomach that causes serious problems
- What would cause the inability to absorb protein in newborns?
- Talk to a dentist online for free