Doctor insights on:
Would Low Testosterone Levels Be The Reason I Am Getting More Emotional
As a 26 year old male who suffers from anxiety, can my low Testosterone levels be the cause? Last bloodwork showed 306. Readings last year even lower
No: They are not related to kidney stones. ...Read more
Pituitary or testes?: In general, one can think of low testosterone as either being due to dysfunction in the pituitary ("master gland"), or the testes themselves. Checking pituitary hormones (prolactin, lh, fsh) can distinguish between these two categories, and let your doctor determine whether scanning is needed. Illness and narcotic drugs will alter pituitary function, while alcohol injures the testes to cause low t. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Another tricky Q: By livelihood i assume you mean salary or some productivity measure at work. Earlier this year, my cousin pointed out that wall street traders were looking for t supplementation to boost their performance (http://bit.Ly/xqjexf). A few years ago, a study purportedly demonstrated that t affects risk taking behavior in wall street traders. In sum, low t might decrease (work) performance. ...Read more
Yes: There are lists of common symptoms you can check online, but there are also more subtle things like what you mention. Less tolerance for pain is another. But the best idea is to have lab work and discuss possible supplemental Tx w/ your Dr. There are some risks but if it can help - that's be great! Good luck finding help. ...Read more
I am 18 years old and have low testosterone levels - 225. I am a male and contemplating suicide. My growth has probably been suppressed.
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- If i have low testosterone would steroids benefit me
- Reasons why i am not getting pregnant
- Why would i be getting cystitis every time i am ovulating?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Am i more likely to get breast cancer if my mom has it?
- Am i more likely to get trichomoniasis from uncircumsized penis?
- Why do i get more horny when i am on period?
- How can i build up my testosterone level i am 69 yrsold?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free