Doctor insights on:
Would It Be Safe To Get A Tattoo If I Have Hemophilia
Tattoos on your breasts, or elsewhere, will not have any effect on your pregnancy or on breastfeeding your new baby. It may not be a good idea to get a new tattoo during pregnancy or while breastfeeding, because of the small risk of infection from the small breaks in the skin that ...Read more
Yes: Like everything else involving body art, it's at your own risk. Your physician might be your best guide here. If you take a factor before other procedures, this would perhaps be a good time. Start with something small. I like well-chosen body art and if this is something you've really wanted for some time, i hope you're able to get it. ...Read more
Yes: Yes but there is a risk of excess bleeding. ...Read more
Need to explain: This is because females have two x chromosomes while males have only one, so the defective gene is guaranteed to manifest in any male who carries it. Because females have two x chromosomes and haemophilia is rare, the chance of a female having two defective copies of the gene is very remote, so females are almost exclusively asymptomatic carriers of the disorder. ...Read more
Blood test: If suspected any doctor can order a blood test for hemophilia. There are two major types with deficiceny of different clotting factors, hemophilia a has deficincy of factor viii and hemophilia b of factor ix. Most hospital labs can do the testing on blood sample to make the diagnosis. ...Read more
Gene expression: This abnormal gene is carried on the X (female) chromosome. In the female, most would have a normal gene on their 2nd X, which has the ability to make up for the other gene. A male carries only one X, and if it carries the hemophilia gene, it is fully expressed because there is no "cancelling" gene around to stop it. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it safe to get a tattoo if i have kidney disease?
- Is it safe to get a tattoo if you have an ear infection?
- If i have a bone spur on my heel must it be cut off to get cure of the pain
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it safe to get a tattoo if you have had hepatitis?
- How long would it take me to recover if i have a ventral hernia surgery?
- I have a cyst on my scalp should i be concerned or need to get it drained
- If i have spinal stenosis is it safe to get pregnant
- Talk to a dermatologist online