Doctor insights on:
Would I Be Able To Tell If My Spleen Had Ruptured
Usually: A ruptured spleen will usually cause internal bleeding within the abdominal cavity, which is quite painful and hard to miss. On occasion, there may be a contained rupture that does not cause immediate symptoms; this would be seen by ct scan even in the absence of symptoms. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I lost blood, the hospital gave me 2 units. I had antibodies in my blood. They said my spleen was enlarged. How do I tell if my spleen has ruptured?
Usually : Ruptured spleen causes intra abdominal hemorrhage and shock within a few hours of injury. In some cases, a small tear can cause limited bleeding, which can even stop. The only way to know for sure whether you have a splenic injury or not, or its extent, is to do an imaging study, such as ultrasound or ct scan. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Well, that depends.: Sometimes a person with a mild break to the spleen surface can heal with rest / conservative tx. While others with more serious rupture may hemorrhage to death quickly without immediate surgery. Anyone w a possible splenic rupture requires prompt medical evaluation. ...Read more
What's the best way to tell the difference between an intercostal tear/sprain and a minor spleen rupture?
Need to see a doctor: for a more detailed history, physical exam and possible testing, Do not try to self diagnose. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Would i be able to tell if my spleen were enlarged
- How would i be able to tell if my liver were not functioning properly?
- Would i know if my spleen were about to rupture
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- If my spleen ruptures will i die immediately
- Will my spleen rupture if i laugh too hard
- What would my symptoms be if i had a tumor?
- Will i be able to breast feed my child if i have had breast implants
- Talk to a hepatologist online for free