Doctor insights on:
Worst Otitis Media Symptom
Collection of purulent fluid behind tympanic membrane- many times secondary to nasal congestion/ viral uri- that can cause bulging of tympanic membrane, pain, redness or distortion of typical anatomic landmarks of membrane, poor mobility of membrane ultimately, tm can perforate or rupture with subsequent drainage of fluid into the ear canal. May take months for fluid from ...Read more
Are there any key symptoms to look for to see if otitis media with effusion is starting to clear up?
Fluid in ear: Serous otitis media is simply fluid in the middle ear (behind the ear drum). It can be caused by allergies or viral infections. If fluid stays in this area, it may become infected and need to be treated, but the serous fluid usually clears up on its own. You may have a blocked feeling in your ears, feel pressure, or popping in your ears. ...Read more
Why acute otitis media is dangerous in adults? Could it be a sign of cancer or weak immunity? Thanks
??Dangerous ??: I would consider it unusual and a nuisance but not dangerous. If it led to a perforated ear drum, those do take much longer to heal and may require surgery. Adults who get acute otitis generally did so as kids, and many have allergic and or sinus issues that predispose to the problem. I can't buy a cancer or immune defect as a significant factor. ...Read more
I'm also having a cough and chest congestion. Can otitis media or middle ear infections cause these symptoms?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Worst otitis interna symptom
- Is crying a symptom of acute otitis media?
- Is vomiting a symptom of acute otitis media?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is fatigue a symptom of acute otitis media?
- Is babbles a symptom of otitis media with effusion?
- Is irritability a symptom of acute otitis media?
- Is fever a symptom of acute otitis media?
- Talk to a pediatrician online