Doctor insights on:
Worst Gastroenteritis Symptom
No: Many times, vomiting occurs with gastroenteritis, but not always. Abdominal pain, cramping, fever and nausea may also occur with or without vomiting. Vomiting can also be a symptom of many other conditions. It 's important to let the stomach rest before trying to drink anything and even then take only small sips at a time of room temperature liquids. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Mild gastroenteritis: Can occur. One option: start with clear liquid like water, soda that is clear, or sports hydration drinks. Sip often to prevent dehydration. Work up to solids with bland foods like bananas, rice, applesauce, toast, gelatin, or chicken. Avoid alcohol, nicotine, caffeine, dairy ; high fat foods. Rest. ...Read more
Child has blood on poop for a month after having gastroenteritis, how long does this symptom last?
How dos one knw if lower ab pain is ulcer developing, gastroenteritis, or psychosomatic symptom of high stress? Urine & stools fine, no preg or vomit
Recuring GI symptoms: Lots of things can cause GI distress to recur--incompletely treated infection (e.g. Giardia) or re-exposure with re-infection; maldigestion (pancreatic insufficiency) or malabsorption (celiac sprue); food intolerances with re-exposure to the offending substance (lactose, sorbitol, etc.), irritable bowel syndrome, missed diagnosis (incomplete evaluation), non-gi related problems (uti, pid, etc.). ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is general aches a symptom of gastroenteritis?
- Is fussiness a symptom of gastroenteritis?
- Is malaise a symptom of gastroenteritis?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is fatigue a symptom of gastroenteritis?
- Is diarrhea a symptom of gastroenteritis?
- Is fever a symptom of gastroenteritis?
- Is weight loss a symptom of gastroenteritis?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free