Doctor insights on:
Words Of Encouragement To Mom With Cancer
Is there anyone with words of encouragement I can send to my mom who was just told she has bladder cancer?
Possibilities: Perhaps voice concerns to the local health department. ...Read more
Lately ive been afraid i have cancer. I have little pains all over my body.My mom says everyone does and im being silly. I want tests but no insurance
Not cancer: I'm sorry that our health care system is so dysfunctional. Trust me on this -- this isn't how cancer will announce itself in a guy in his 20s, or anyone else. I wouldn't be surprised the cause of you pains turns out to be vitamin D deficiency. Try to get a decent physical exam or physician consult somehow or other. Best wishes. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Learn more: I would suggest you and he learn as much as you can about his mother's diagnosis. Perhaps her condition and prognosis isn't as bad as you may think. Check out the American Cancer Society website for excellent support information: http://www.cancer.org/treatment/index Hope this helps! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Seek others: Cancer is an isolating diagnosis, to both patients, their family and friends. Many people do not know what to say to those dealing with cancer and therefore distance themselves. First, be there for you mom and help her understand her diagnosis. Second, seek out your friends and family to spend time with you, even if it is for things unrelated to cancer. Support groups can also be helpful. ...Read more
Help her: Give all the support she needs make sure she takes her medication, follows the instructions of her doctors and keeps her doctors appointments if needed help her financially she will be fine good luck. ...Read more
Social contacts: Do you have brothers or sisters or close family members, or friends with whom you can talk and express your feelings. If not please contact your pastor for counselling. Check on the internet for support groups in your community. It is not your fault that illness has befallen your mother. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Words of encouragement or motivation to someone suffering from addiction
- What to expect with the end stages of ovarian cancer?
- How long do you have to wait between rounds of chemo with ovarian cancer?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it good to combine prozac with wellbutrin for treatment of depression?
- How to get rid of gum swelling with otc meds?
- What to expect in last days of stage 4 ovarian cancer?
- What is the life expectancy of someone with uterine cancer?
- Talk to a oncologist online for free