Doctor insights on:
Woman Broken Leg
I want to know how long it would take for a broken leg to heal for that of a 60 yr old woman with an iron to support it inside the leg, thanks.
Complete in 6-12 mon: Healing rate varies somewhat among people but generally slower as we get older. Often a simple fracture needs a about 6-8 wks to heal. Healing starts soon after the injury/surgery but to be "solidly in place" may take about 2-3 months. You may start pt earlier with partial wt bearing, then increase slowly. Healing likely con't for about 1 yr. Consult your surgeon. Good luck. ...Read more
I am a 46 yr. Old female, 7 yrs. Post-hyst. Should i continue the caltrate supplements after healing my broken leg?
Let it rest: Let it rest - get a cast or a boot if recommended. There is nothing else that you need to do immediately. You may need to go to pt once the immobilizaiton is off or you may help the part of the affected limb by doing some exercises to help preserve its functionality, but this will not necessarily affect the healing process of the fracture. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Fracture Dependant: It depends on the bone that is fractured, the site of the fracture, and the pattern on the fracture. Treatment can range pain medication and crutches with limited weight bearing, to a brace or case, or to surgery with internal or external fixation. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
An xray: Assuming the bone is not sticking out through the skin, an xray can usually diagnose a fractured bone. Sometimes, for subtle small non displaced fractures, a repeat xray in 2 weeks may show a healing fracture that could not be seen on the initial xray. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can you have sex with a broken leg?
- How long will it take to heal a broken leg?
- Why is it good to elevate a broken bone leg?
- Broken blood vessel in leg symptoms
- Do broken bones in the leg grow back stronger after they are break?
- How long is recovery after a full leg cast for a broken foot?
- Broken leg
- What could i do to help my broken leg heal faster?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free