Doctor insights on:
With Osteochondritis Dissecans What Are My Treatment Options
Osteochondritis: Resting your joint. Avoid activities that put impact stress on your joint, such as jumping and running. You may need to use crutches for a time, especially if pain causes you to limp. Physical therapy. Most often, this therapy includes stretching and range-of-motion exercises, and strengthening exercises for the muscles that support the involved joint. Ultimately, surgery, if these don't work. ...Read more
My left knee I have 2 bakers cysts , osteochondritis dissecans, ortho speciaists, did cortisone shots, physical therapy, still chronic pain what to do?
Possibly Rest: For children who have osteochondritis dissecans (ocd), one of the first lines of treatment is rest and avoidance of sports. Some doctors even treat this with casting or bracing. However, there is growing evidence that the best treatment is surgical with drilling of the lesion to get it to heal or even fixation with pins or screws to prevent the piece from breaking free. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I have had osteochondritis dissecans since I was 7 and i've had the bone removed but I am still in pain. Why?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Osteochondritis dissecans
- What are the safest home remedies for osteochondritis dissecans?
- How fast can i make my osteochondritis dissecans go away?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Osteochondritis dissecans mri
- Osteochondritis dissecans elbow surgery
- Osteochondritis dissecans talus
- Osteochondritis dissecans knee surgery
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free