Doctor insights on:
With Cuboid Syndrome Does The Bone Right Itself Over Time
With manipulation: Cuboid syndrome is generally treated by manipulative therapy/reduction such as the cuboid whip. Other treatment options may include taping, orthotics, and stretching. The prognosis in people who have suffered a cuboid syndrome is usually pretty good and most people do not experience any pain and do return to their activity. More studies are needed to find out what works best to treat cuboid synd. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Bone is a living growing tissue made mostly of collagen (protein that provides soft framework) & the mineral calcium phosphate that adds strength & hardens the framework. Two types of bone are found in the body; cortical (dense compact outer layer) & trabecular (makes up inner layer, ...Read more
What's avg heal time for two small fragments of cuboid bone. Gp said avulsion. Orthopedic said maybe gout. Gout meds didn't work. Going back to ortho.
Yes: Very unlikely bone to break, but if broken, it would depend on severity. Unlike other fractures, because it's an uncommon fracture type, the cuboid usually has other fractures or injuries associated with it if it does have a fracture. Recovery may take longer because of the multiple injuries, but isolated cuboid fracture takes the same amount of time as any fracture. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I would imagine: It would be painful, particularly when walking. ...Read more
If painful: Consider a surgical shoe or cam walker... ...Read more
Fracture: Both are not good to have but if pressed to answer most doctors would likely say weber b is worse due to fact that a lot of ligament damage may be present. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Cuboid syndrome bone over
- Does the bladder heal itself over time?
- Cuboid bone fracture healing time
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Will muscle weakness from a pinched nerve reverse itself over time
- Will a partially collapsed lung re inflate itself over time
- Does chronic fatigue syndrome get worse over time?
- What does it meant to have an avulsion fracture of the cuboid bone?
- Talk to a podiatrist online for free