Doctor insights on:
With Compression Fracture What Else Should I Be Concerned About
This is usually used in describing vertebral fx tho any bone can b fx by a compressive force as in fingers in a door. Spine is the usual. Can b from a fall, mva or in the osteoporotic by a sneeze or cough. The force downward on a vertebra exceeds its strength 2 resist $ & it collapses on itself. Measured by loss of height. There can b many more complicated types, these above ...Read more
Spine MRI showed mild chronic compression fracture of the superior endplate of t5 in thoracic spine. What does this mean, and should I be concerned?
Radiologic: Diagnosis of compression fx starts with plain spine x-rays. If DX is uncertain or suspicious for pathologic fx (bone infiltrated by tumor of any kind, including malignancies), then further imaging is required, such as ct, mri, bone scan, pet scan. These decisions must be made by the diagnostician involved. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
A fracture is a broken bone. As there is cartilage at the end of many bones at the joint, a fracture may also include a break in the cartilage. Fractures and broken bones are the same thing. It seems that many believe that a "fracture" is a lesser injury or an incomplete break in the bone, but this is not correct. Fractures may be displaced or ...Read more
A bone fracture is a condition in which there is a break in the bone. It can be caused by a high force injury or it may result from a previous medical condition that involves weakening of the bone. Common symptoms include severe pain, swelling of the surrounding ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What color gums should i be concerned about and go see a dentist?
- What is premature prolonged membrane rupture and should i be concerned about it?
- Should i be concerned about heart palpitations
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Should i be concerned about blood in my stool
- When should i be concerned about calf pain
- How concerned should i be about diarrhea?
- How concerned should i be about a spider bite?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free