Doctor insights on:
Wisdom Teeth Paresthesia
Varies: The paresthesia of the lip can last from days to months. If the complete sensation of the lip has not returned after 6 months, usually a consultation with a nerve specialist is needed. Some doctors may prescribe steroids to alleviate the paresthesia. Good luck. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Need expert advice. What signs indicate dental paresthesia is going to heal, and what indicates that it isn't?
Please let me know if there is anyone out there who has recovered completely from dental paresthesia in the 3-8 week time span?
Numbness: If the numbness last longer than 3 hours post op (id does not go away) you need to return to the oral surgeon ASAP. Paresthesia may last 6 wks to 6 mos or be permanent. The sooner it is diagnosed the better the outcome and sometimes micro surgery is needed to reattach the two ends of the nerve if the nerve was severed. pinched/crushed nerves recover w/o surgery. ...Read more
I had a surgery 4 years ago. I had my 4 wisdom teeth extracted and until now, my lower lip is still numb and i feel prickle in my lower lip and chin. What should I do?
Is there anything I can do to increase the possibility of regaining full feeling in my lower lip and chin after wisdom teeth extraction?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Paresthesia after wisdom teeth removal
- Can wisdom teeth come back?
- How long to drink alcohol after wisdom teeth?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- When can you eat solid food after wisdom teeth
- Can wisdom teeth cause flu like symptoms?
- Wisdom teeth stitches fall out
- Bad taste in mouth after wisdom teeth extraction
- Talk to a dentist online for free