Doctor insights on:
Will You Get Sick If You Drink While On Doxycycline
Can I drink zipsor and doxycycline hyclate together? Also get methotrexate injection once a week, is there any drug interactions?
How much wine?: If you are taking Doxycycline on a regular basis, i assume it is for treatment of acne. Regular alcohol use has hormonal effects that are not good for skin, and may either bring on acne, or make existing acne worse. An occasional glass of wine should not be a problem, but regular use of alcohol would not be good, and also has drug interactions with many other medications. ...Read more
Varies: While it is best not to drink alcohol with any antibiotic treatment it is not prohibited with the doxycycline. If you just drink an occasional drink then it may not have a problem. However alcohol tends to eliminate the medication faster from your system so the effectiveness of the medication can be diminished. Be careful in this respect. Hope this helps. ...Read more
Not recommended: While risks of adverse outcome associated with drinking alcohol while taking Doxycycline are less than some other antibiotics, it is still not recommended. Studies show that drinking alcohol can increase the metabolism and clearance of doxycycline, making it less effective at fighting infections. Also for people with liver disease, the combination of alcohol and Doxycycline is contraindicated. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you drink alcohol while taking doxycycline?
- Can drinking while pregnant make you sick?
- Can you get pregnant while sick?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Drink energy drinks while on doxycycline
- Can you drink alcohol while taking doxycycline hyclate?
- Can i drink while on doxycycline?
- Is it okay to get a gardasil vaccine while you are sick with common cold?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free