Doctor insights on:
Will Using Hand Sanitizer Help In The Spread Of Ecoli Infections
Infections are invasions of some other organism (fungus, bacteria, parasite) or viruses into places where they do not belong. For instance, we have normal gut bacteria that live within us without causing problems; however, when those penetrate the bowel wall and enter the bloodstream, ...Read more
What?: You have hand sanitizer on your bottom? Why? In general, i would avoid application of anything (except soap/water) to the genital area. However, we will need more information in order to answer you. ...Read more
No: It would help prevent infection.Get a more detailed answer ›
I got dried blood on my hands after pumping gas but used hand sanitizer w/o noticing and may have spread to my cuts, should I be worried about hep c?
Is putting hand sanitizer on a small cut going to infect it? I know it would burn and wouldn't do much good but will it get infected?
May or may not: Reducing the number of potentially pathogenic microorganisms with sanitizer may reduce the risk of infection. ...Read more
I use hand sanitizer very frequently while taking care of my two young kids. Is there any concern about using too much of it?
Not really: Most of these are composed of ethanol gel and various other additives.They tend to be very drying when used often. The ethanol does not penetrate the skin in significant amounts.Other than dry, rough hands, there is not much to worry about. My nurses used a lot of moisturizers at the end of the work day to try to manage the drying effect. ...Read more
Don't know...: but I wouldn't advise doing that on a regular basis. Can't imagine what harm you could be causing yourself. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What type of bacterial infection will cause blisters in the back of your throat?
- Tension in the head and neck
- I have a pain in the ball of my foot what otc insoles will help
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What kind of food or drink will help acid in the stomach?
- Why do my hands wake me up in the middle of night hurting?
- Will hair grow back in the area of ringworm on the scalp
- Signs of infection in the hole where a wisdom tooth was extracted
- Talk to a preventive medicine specialist online for free