Doctor insights on:
Will Thyroxin Increase Cardiac Output
Cardiac output: Basically an increase in demand for oxygen by the body. This may be physiological (exercise) or pathological (sepsis - infection - fever) or increased metabolism (hyper active thyroid gland - hyperthyroidism) or abnormal conducts (shunting of blood). ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Natural: This is the normal pattern of the heart's output based upon the load conditions. The amount of blood filling the heart may vary mildly over time and combined with your level of activity and the force against your heart's ejection of blood (after load) the cardiac output may vary. Most important is that the output does not drop very low as in severe volume loss or weakness of the heart muscle. ...Read more
If cardiac output of 4 l/min is exercised maximally, and cardiac output increases to 8 l/min. What is the cardiac reserve?
Exercise increase CO: Exercise increases cardiac output as it usually increases both heart rate(hr) and stroke volume (sv) (amount of blood ejected by the heart in each beat) as cardiac output (co) = hr x sv. It is a compensatory mechanism to keep up with the demands of oxygen by the body doing exercise. If the cardiac output would not increase, the body would not be able to perform for long. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Will epinephrine increase cardiac output
- Is fever an indicator of an increase in cardiac output?
- How does hypertension increase cardiac output?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Calculating cardiac output example
- Calculate fick cardiac output
- Cardiac output by thermodilution
- What is cardiac output influenced by?
- Talk to a cardiologist online