Doctor insights on:
Will The Rotavirus Have Lasting Effects On A Person Years Later
Not: None if the chide was treated probly and vaccinated. Rotavirus can spread easily among infants and young children. While hand washing and cleanliness are important ways to stop the spread of germs, they are not enough to stop rotavirus. The best way to protect children against rotavirus is to get them vaccinated on time. ...Read more
Yes: Just like a cold, it can cause an infection again, usually not as severe on subsequent infections. ...Read more
My two year old keeps throwing up foamy liquid every 45 minutes or so. This is second time in three weeks. No other symptoms or ailments. Rotavirus?
I heard that the new rotavirus vaccine for infants should not be given because of possible side effects. Is that true? What is the danger?
Not True: So far the "new" vaccine appears quite safe with no evidence of serious side effects.And the experts continually moniter the vaccine for side effects.And since the vaccine has been used the number of children taken to er's with severe rotavirus dehydration has declined from roughly 400, 000 per year to about 100, 000 per year. Huge and this will only get better. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Gastroenteritis: Rotavirus is a the most common cause of gastroenteritis in children. It causes watery diarrhea. Although it usually is self limiting and not serious, almost 2 million children become seriously ill from dehydration world wide every year, and over 500,000 children under 5 die. In the US there were 35-40 deaths each year from this before the vaccine, which has decreased these numbers. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
A diarrhea virus: Rotavirus is a virus that causes diarrhea, and is contagious. It is one of the most common causes of children's diarrhea, but luckily, there is a vaccine now to protect against it. Babies and children who have gotten the vaccine should either not get the diarrhea or just get a milder case of it, when they catch the rotavirus. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does lsd have damaging effects on the developing brain of a teenager?
- I have a bumpy red skin rash on the back of both arms for years
- Will receiving a rimjob have effect on going to the bathroom
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- I have a pimple on the lip me my vagina is this serious
- I have a bump on the side of my tongue
- I have a tender spot on the back of my head what could be the cause
- I have a bump on the side of my vagina
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online