Doctor insights on:
Will The Regular Use Of Strong Alcohol Based Mouthwash Have Long Term Effect On My Taste Buds
Please tell me, are there any antiseptic mouthwashes that utilize non-harmful alternatives to alcohol-based mouthwashes?
Is antibacterial mouthwash safe to use? Have heard of alcohol based ones being dangerous after years of use.
? on antibacterial: Many studies have been coming out recently questioning the "antibacterial" label on products, including soaps, mouthwashes, etc. As far as mouthwashes, most companies are distributing the products as alcohol-free. Hard to say what the dangers are unless you are ingesting. To be safe, i would go with the ones without alcohol. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Either: Both types of mouthwash are going to have agents in them that will kill bacteria that tend to cause bad breath. If you are aware of halitosis, be sure to brush your tongue well, especially toward the back. This is a common source for bad breath. Also be sure to get your teeth cleaned at the dentist if it has been a while. Mouthwash helps, but often just covers up the real problem. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Yes: Yes, Fluoride rinses are very good for your teeth. I am also a big fan of listerine because it is so good for your gums and removes the subgingival bacteria that cause gingivitis. I myself use listerine once a day and get my Fluoride through toothpaste twice a day. But Fluoride rinses are great too. I would recommend the Fluoride rinse morning and night after brushing and listerine at noon. ...Read moreSee 3 more doctor answers
I'm currently using a prescription mouthwash due to dry socket. My tongue itches and taste buds are inflamed. Could it be an allergic reaction?
Better Safe/Sorry: If you think it may be an allergic reaction, simply do not use it again. It is not worth trying again to find out. You can substitute warm salt water in its place. Be sure to mention this to the dentist who prescribed it for future reference. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Red taste buds at the tip of my tounge, just noticed them after rinsing my mouth with salt water and mouth wash for a couple days. What is this?
I have lychin planus in my mouth, i've had it for the last 12 months i'm on steroid mouth wash but it won't go, can this affect my taste buds?
I accidentally used detol has mouth wash. The taste buds in my tongue are not working. I also have a metal type battery taste. Will it come back?
Detol?: Not sure of product. Is it detoll , the soap? Things can damage the taste buds though usually temporary. Having a metallic taste like a battery is possible. You can generate a galvanic reaction in your mouth due to your saliva and metals like from metal fillings and crowns. If doesn't pass in few day see your dentist. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
As long as the mouthwash had no alcohol products in it,, does that mean it's safe if I accidently swallow some?
Yes: A small amount won't hurt youGet a more detailed answer ›
My husband has a terriable taste in his mouth that brushing or mouthwash does not help he is 77years old and doesnot have many health issues, he does not smoke or drink alcohol . This is affecting his appitite also. Thank you for taking my question.
See your dentist!: These kinds of things are best addressed by your dentist, as he/she can more accurately assess your husband's situation. There are many things that can contribute to bad breath (often periodontal disease), but your dentist should be able to help! good luck. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Follow directions: As with all medications, you should follow the directions provided by the prescriber or manufacturer. If it calls for dilution, do so according to the directions on the package. ...Read more
I use oxygenated mouthwash with no alcohol. I tend to swallow some everytime i gargle. Is this safe? It's usually not a lot.
After using alcohol free mouthwash, tongue feels numb and stiff? Not whole tongue, just the tip and only with alcohol free wash. Tongue is pierced btw
Remove Piercing!: First, I have to say, as cool as tongue piercing may be to you now...It is a wrecking ball to your mouth! the damage, even with a 'soft rubber ball', is staggering. It causes gum loss, broken/fractured teeth, and is a direct portal of germs to your bloodstream. As far as the mouthwash, does anything else cause that phenomenon, or just the mouthwash? Just take it out, you will thank me later. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer