Doctor insights on:
Will Sunlight Spoil My Glasses
No: Most glasses are designed to block ultraviolet light and will protect your eyes. Sunlight won't damage the lenses with ordinary exposure. Some very old plastic lenses may oxidize and turn yellowish but in general, glasses lenses are designed to resist photodegradation. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I have new progressive glasses, is it normal to see #'s on the lens (outer near lens & inner near nose) when holding them up to sunlight or light?
I felt dizzy a lot mainly in the day sunlight and now that I'm wearing glasses for stamia could that have been the problem all this time cause I put the Glasses on no problem soon as took the Glasses off and watch so television notice some symptoms coming
Can myopia (short sightedness ) treated naturally without surgery or glasses? I heard that sunlight could help
No: Sunlight will do nothing for myopia. This condition is due to an abnormal shape of the eye that results in refractive error (think of a lens directing sunlight to a specific point). It is a very common occurrence and by itself, results in no significant health issues. But to correct this so you can see in focus, you need contacts, glasses, or refractive surgery (e.g. Lasik). ...Read more
Eye protection: Primarily sun glasses are used to shield the eyes from excessive bright environmental conditions. Protection is afforded by the uv filter w/i the lens material. Also shielding of debris that gets kicked up in2 the air outside. The protective benefits are retardation of cataract formation ;decrease in degenerative changes ;diseases of eye including pingueculum, pterygium, mac degeneration, cancer. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I've been having diminished night vision and diminished vision during the day wearing sun glasses. I had lasik surgery 13 yrs ago. Any suggestions?
Nothing: Just won't see contrast very well.Get a more detailed answer ›
I had cataract surgery last weds. Today I inadvertently went outside in bright sun without my dark glasses on - did I do serious harm? I was only ou
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Will prednisone affect my birth control
- Is it okay to have sex when you have jock itch will my partner catch it?
- How long after i stop taking progesterone suppositories will my period return?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long will the nausea effect from my birth control pills last?
- What will get meth out of my system fast?
- Will my black nail grow back normally slammed car door on it
- How long will my arm hurt after tdap shot?
- Is it true that if i start wearing glasses my eyesight will deteriorate?