Doctor insights on:
Will Someone Live Forever If He Has A Internal Defibrillator Now
Defibrillators: We have implantable defibrillators which are combination pacemakers and defibrillators. Within this group are subtypes. There are three types of external defibrillator. One is a vest worn on the outside that functions like the internal; this isn't for long term use. Then there is the AED automatic external defibrillator for lay people to use and the external defibrillators for medical staff. ...Read more
Yes: It is rarely done in people who are using the defibrillator to help live active lives. However, at the end of life, especially in hospice patients it is very common to have the defibrillator turned off. We often have this done in hospice patients close to death to prevent the devices from delivering shocks at the time of death or after. It sounds kind of grusome, but in reality it is not. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Recently had arithmia and now has defibrillator. Just got prescription for 10 mg Ambien (zolpidem) (quantity 60). Worried she made take all at one time.
Internal defibrillator implanted for VT with no structural heart disease, (idiopathic). Only 20 years old. Is longevity affected by this?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Will a taser kill someone who has an implanted defibrillator
- Can someone take viagra if he or she has atrial fibrillation?
- Can someone get a tattoo if he or she has high blood pressure?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can someone undergo a surgical procedure if he or she has bundle branch block?
- Boyfriend has testicular pain and a lump on his testicle should he see someone
- Talk to a cardiac electrophysiologist online for free