Doctor insights on:
Will Smoking Affect How Long It Takes For My Ankle Fracture To Heal
A fracture is a broken bone. As there is cartilage at the end of many bones at the joint, a fracture may also include a break in the cartilage. Fractures and broken bones are the same thing. It seems that many believe that a "fracture" is a lesser injury or an incomplete break in the bone, but this is not correct. Fractures may be displaced or ...Read more
Depends: If the avulsuion only involves the very tip of the lateral ankle then it is really treated like a severe ankle sprain. Either way, getting involved in a good ankle rehabilittion program will help and you should be able to get back to sports in about 4-6 weeks. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Let me help: It take about 8-12 weekes.Thank you.Get a more detailed answer ›
Is it broken or fractured is a question I am often asked. The answer is basically that a broken or fractured bone is the same thing. A fracture means a break in the cortex or the strong layer of outer bone cells. In an adult the average time for that to heal varies greatly but is often considered to ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take a fractured ankle to heal?
- How long will it take an ankle fracture to heal?
- How long will it take for a trimalleolar fractured ankle to heal?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long will it take for a growth plate fracture in the ankle to heal?
- How long does it take to heal an ankle fracture by itself?
- How long does it take for an ankle avulsion fracture to heal?
- How long does it take to heal a stress fracture in the ankle?
- Talk to a podiatrist online for free