Doctor insights on:
Will Shunt Failure Cause Behavior Problems
Yes, they can: Along with increased aggression if the games are violent, protracted use of all media (more than 2 hours/ day) is associated with obesity. Children with adhd often " hyperfocus" and do not appear to hear instructions. Games and tv at bedtime lead to delayed-onset sleep. A fatigued child often is more "hyper" and irritable than drowsy. Turn off games and tv at least 20 minutes before bedtime. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
It can: When a person is psychotic, he or she may become out of touch with reality. A person who is hallucinating and hearing voices, for example, may talk to him or herself. A person with paranoid delusions may build a bunker to protect him or herself. I knew a patient who ran 15 miles on a highway because he said he heard a voice telling him to do it. So the answer is: absolutely. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Want to try a book?: This e-book on kindle could help right away. It's only $5.95 and you could read it in less than two hours and be able to help your child behave better right away. It's called: "parenting the kids according to a child psychiatrist." good luck and best wishes. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
What are the different behavior problems that can accompany hd and how can the person with hd and family members cope?
It's difficult: Huntington's disease is a very horrible condition of the brain caused by an excess of the neurotransmitter dopamine. Someone with hd can become psychotic and lose touch with reality. Here is a website which may help: www.Hdsa.Org. You should also consider maybe seeking some counseling and therapy for the entire family. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can a thyroid problem cause feminine behavior in boys?
- Can lack of oxygen at birth cause behavioral problems?
- Causes of right to left shunt
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does vp shunt cause diareha?
- Does being sexually abused cause juvenile problem behavior?
- Strep bacteria causing stuttering behavior change problems with vision
- What is behavioral problem?
- Talk to a pediatric developmental and behavioral specialist online for free