Doctor insights on:
Will Rubbing The Sleep Out Of My Eyes Eventually Lead To Vision Loss
What are these split-second vision loss (as if blinking: i know i'm not) that I have in my right eye while i rest my head on the right to sleep?
Should I be concerned about severe loss of vision in one eye (over one year), recently drooping eyelid, sleep issues, and pineal gland cyst?
I have a dry eyes due to stevens johnson syndrome(drug-allergic).Is there a chance this will lead to permanent vision loss?
Individualized: Herpes frequently does not lead to scarring. But when it does the loss is related to the location of the scar (worst central), the depth of the scar and the risk of recurrence. There are so many variable that there are no statistics as each case is individual. If your vision is lowered after an attack, you should see a corneal specialist for evaluation. ...Read more
Hi 2 days ago i had flashing lights like heatwaves in both eyes and some vision loss. Lasted about 30 minute and disappeared after coke. Nothing since?
It is possible: If you have scratched/scraped your eyes, then this can result in vision loss. This depends upon the extent of the injury and whether the scrape occurred in the center of the front of your eye (the cornea) or on the side of your eye. If this has occurred and has not healed, you should seek evaluation with a trained eye care professional. ...Read more
No: Viagra has been reported to cause the appearance of a bluish tint to the vision. There were a few reports of optic neuropathy in relationship to viagra use but these were rare and may have been a statistically insignificant artefact given that the population taking viagra, usually having vascular disease, may be more prone to optic neuropathy. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Can you explain why lasik can only work on the eyes up to a certain % of vision loss with astigmatism?
Cornea limitation: Depends on the cornea shape, thickness, and how much and where tissue can be removed in order to counterbalance astigmatism. If too much tissue is removed it can cause problems and ectasia and if the wrong tissue is removed, it can create more refractive error. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can sleeping with contacts in make the whites of your eyes start to turn yellow?
- When will my baby be able to turn the pages of books
- I have a habit of rubbing my eyes is this bad for my vision
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- I had a temporarily loss of central vision should i go to the doctor
- What can i do to even out the hip height on both sides of my body?
- How can i get my baby to sleep at night instead of during the day?
- Is there a way to improve my loss of peripheral vision after a cranium surgery?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free